Please take a moment and familiarize yourself with the Terms. If you do not accept the full Terms, you will not be eligible to participate in the Program, and you must inform InsureMy to cancel your participation and return the Wingman to us (when applicable).
What is InsureMy New Driver?
InsureMy New Driver is a program that uses telematics to collect and transmit vehicle usage data from your vehicle through the App on your smart phone for the purpose of driver coaching, and rewards. The App and Wingman (where applicable) are supplied by Carrot Risk Technologies Limited (“Carrot”). The service includes a GPS component, which collects location information of your driving trips and events, and has an accelerometer to capture vehicle movements in addition to a cellular connection chip that periodically transfers data to Carrot. InsureMy and Carrot in Canada and the United Kingdom respectively, may store your Personal Information. In the event that your Personal Information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in accordance with those laws. The service will remain active in your vehicle and its various components will enable us to gather information that will assist us in analyzing your driving behaviour in order to determine your eligibility for rewards and for coaching opportunities.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for the Program, the following conditions must be met:
- The vehicle must be compatible with the Wingman or be Bluetooth enabled and have a smartphone (iOs or Android) with the App downloaded and active (“Connected”);
- The vehicle may not be in storage;
- You need to have internet access and a valid email address; and
- You must meet the underwriting rules of the insurer.
How do I enrol?
Enrolling in the Program is easy, completely voluntary. Simply contact your InsureMy advisor, or complete the form here. For technical questions, you can contact us at 1-844-410-1896. If eligible, you will receive an enrolment confirmation email, a Wingman (if required) with a copy of these Terms, and its corresponding installation instructions. The service is activated as soon as you complete the registration process using the App and properly install the Wingman if required. Once activated, data regarding your driving trips and events will be sent to Carrot/InsureMy. The enrolment process is completed once the Wingman has been properly installed, or you have successfully downloaded the app and connected your vehicle via Bluetooth.
Will I receive a discount for being Connected?
Yes, upon enrolment in the reward Program you will receive a one-time insurance discount if you have an auto policy with InsureMy. Your enrolment discount will be applicable until the end of your current policy term.
Should you decide to opt out of the New Driver Program, you will no longer be eligible to receive either an enrolment discount or rewards based on your New Driver Data. Your premium will be adjusted accordingly, upon policy renewal.
How will my discount be applied?
The discount will be applied to the following auto insurance coverage only (when applicable):
- Liability – Bodily Injury;
- Property Damage;
- Direct Compensation - Property Damage;
- Accident Benefits (Standard Benefits);
- Uninsured Automobile;
- Collision or Upset;
- All Perils;
- Specified Perils.
What happens if I am not Connected?
You must remain connected at all times except in the event of extenuating circumstances (e.g., mechanical breakdown of the Wingman, etc.) or unless directed by us.
- We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to extend any reward period should we not be able to capture an accurate snapshot of your driving behaviour as a result of any disconnection or misuse of the Wingman or App.
- If we are unable to obtain sufficient data to determine driving behaviour due to a series of disconnections on your part or as a result of any misuse of the Wingman or App, notification will be sent to you advising you of such, providing you with thirty (30) days to cure any breach of the Terms.
- If we are still unable to obtain sufficient data to determine driving behaviour due to inappropriate use of the Wingman or App upon expiry of the notice period, or should you fail to be properly connected within thirty (30) days of receiving the Wingman, you will be removed from the Program and any discount received will cease to apply at policy renewal. You may also be held responsible for the administrative costs associated with participation in the Program.
How do I return the Wingman?
There may be need to return the Wingman if:
- Participation in the program has been terminated,
- The Wingman or App is not functioning properly,
- There are concerns that the Collected Data is not an accurate reflection of driving behaviour for any reason,
- Or, your continued use of the Wingman or App is not required or applicable.
In any instance, we will provide you with a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope to return the Wingman to InsureMy.
Can I transfer the Wingman to another vehicle?
Should you wish to transfer the Wingman to another vehicle as a result of a sale, mechanical breakdown or collision of an enrolled vehicle, you must first contact us at 1 844–410-1896 to advise us of the change prior to moving the Wingman from the enrolled vehicle and reconnecting it to a replacement vehicle. Failure to contact us prior to the removal of the Wingman may lead to an extension of any reward period and/or removal from the Program.
Can I enrol multiple vehicles?
Yes, you may enrol multiple vehicles within the Program subject to meeting eligibility requirements. Depending on the number of enrolled vehicles and/or principal drivers under the policy, you may be eligible to receive additional enrolment New Driver Discounts. Simply contact your InsureMy advisor or go to our contact page here to inquire about multiple vehicle enrolment.
Will I be able to track my driving behaviour?
As the participant, you will have access to a personalized portal that will allow you to track your driving behaviour in the registered vehicle, through a web based secure application in addition to the smartphone App. You can access the portal here.
These events include the distance travelled, acceleration, hard braking, driving time of day, and the rewards for which you may be eligible. In addition, InsureMy may also have access to your portal in order to assist you with the Program and facilitate fulfillment of rewards.
Who owns the Wingman and the App?
Carrot owns all rights, title, and interests in the Wingman and the App, and as a result you may not copy, modify, transfer, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the Wingman and App access provided to you.
Is there any cost for Program participation?
While there is a cost to InsureMy to implement and administer the program for each user, these fees may be waived for active participants in the Program. Should an enrolled participant cease to be connected as defined in the “What happens if I am not Connected?” section of this document or fail to adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the Program, the administrative costs will be billed to the enrolled participant. Please contact your broker representative for the fee structure.